csi3History N4 Questions

Hi,

I have a few questions about the csi3history driver for N4. I am hoping that someone could help me with them.

1. Is the history driver, and its extension bound by a license?
  2. What happens when i change the interval mode from snapshot to average. What kind of value difference would i see for something like a supply air temp, or room temp between the two options. Does the average take a rolling count of data for the specified interval, then average it out?
  3. What does the min COV interval field do?
  4. Is the extension inherently an interval history with the COV option added? What i am looking for is will the COV write a record if it is outside of the change tolerance while in-between an interval snapshot?
  5. This is more of a general question. If i want to use the extension, but have a standard niagara history in place, what is the best way to migrate the existing data so I can have 1 historical record and not 2?

Thanks,
Stay safe

1. There is no license for this product. It is also not a driver, just an augmented history extension.
  2. Interval allows you to take an average/min/max over a period of time where as the snapshot will record only the instantaneous, or snap shot, of the reading at the specified interval.
  3. Min COV allows you to filter out noise by specifying the minimum amount of time that has to exist before another COV change can be recorded.
  4. Essentially yes, with a few other options. If you have COV enabled as well as interval, you will capture COV changes in-between the interval if the change exceeds the COV tolerance.
  5. Add the new extension and configure the history name exactly the same as the original. Disable the niagara history and enable the csi3 one, the csi3 history will be in fault due to a duplicate id. Delete the niagara one and it should come out of fault and start using the same history.

Thanks Jonathan,

Few more follow up questions.

1. Does the module need to be installed to use the extension?
  2. When removing a standard numeric interval and adding the csi extension, the old history goes to PointName_cfg0 and would prefer to not have that happen. I really enjoy the features of this extension and would like to start replacing some standard history extensions with this one for more flexibility.
  3. If the above is un-avoidable due to Niagara, will the csi3csv be of any use?

1. Yes
  2. As mentioned earlier, you have to make the same name matching pattern in the new extension. Should be able to copy paste that.
  3. As long as you make them match, this isn’t an issue.

I find that if i add the csi3History to an existing interval, it creates a _cfg0 when changed but if added to an existing cov it continues on the same history ID without making a separate _cfg0.

It seems to work this way because Tridiums intervals inherently have a different config to them (interval vs irregular).

Is there a theoretical limit that i can use on either an 8000 or supervisor? Only reason i ask is because i have ran into issues where too many threads (like the time based interval) can cause a watchdog timeout.

Thanks for all the help!

I tested this on an interval to recreate the steps provided. When you add an extension, it is added disabled and creates nothing. Did you follow the same procedure outlined when adding the new extensions to create the same ID? You may need to provide some screens shots of what you are doing.

Keep in mind this is also just a work around to Niagara’s history system. Since there is no way to actually merge a new history extension to the same history, this is kind of a way to trick it to work so you have to be very careful about how you go about it and the step by step process is key to making it happen. This has nothing to do with the history extension itself but Niagara’s history system and how it behaves.

Thanks for the explanation.Linked is a dropbox with a screen video. Maybe i am missing something stupid.

If you look at the property sheet of that _cfg0 history, you’ll see it’s actually the Niagara history that’s been renamed to this. The history you wanted to merge has the correct name. You may just need an additional step of database cleanup of old cfg histories once you’re done.

Again, thanks for looking into this. I was looking to see if there was a way to get the data from the Niagara interval history to merge with the csi history. When looking at the _cfg0 there, the data previously collected is still there and the timestamps in the _cfg0 are different than the timestamps in the history with the original name.

The experience in the video is on par with expected behavior in Niagara’s history system.

Is the above scenario something that csi3csv can help with?

I’ve never attempted to make the csv driver work in that manner but I would guess you could try to get it to work in a similar fashion.

1. Export history as a csv
  2. Import history as a csv with a history extension
  3. Disable history extension
  4. Create csi3history extension with same name
  5. Delete csv history extension
  6. Enable csi3history extension

I have not tested this exact process but this is probably the only way you would be able to get it to do what you want.

Thanks.

Hope you are staying safe and healthy. One item i seem to be running into. When the status flag of a numeric point changes to override, it writes a new record when COV is enabled, which is expected. It does not seem to do the same when the alarm tag is propagated to the status of the point {alarm},{unackedAlarm} does not seem to write a new record. Is this expected behavior?