Dell Gateway Rebooting Periodically

Hello,

I am running into a situation with the Dell Gateway that I’m not sure how to troubleshoot. I’m reaching out to you for some assistance in hopefully identifying the source of the issue.

We are noticing that our Dell Gateway is rebooting on its own sporadically. It can happen once or twice per day or it can go a week without showing the symptoms. I’ve attached an image of the application director showing some other issues as well.

This dell gateway was upgraded to N4.6 a few months ago.

Please let me know what I can provide to get assistance in identifying these issues.

AppDirector

Thanks

The failure to bind would not be causing the reboots but you may want to check that after upgrading, the previous 4.2 installation was correctly shut down. You can do this by running the command

sudo docker ps

If you see more than one container running, likely Niagara and Niagara 4.2.36.34, then you will need to stop the 4.2 instance completely.

As far as the reboot frequency, this is likely due to the snap update/refresh behavior. This is similar to automatic updates in windows. Please use the following link to configure your system required for your application.

https://docs.snapcraft.io/keeping-snaps-up-to-date