Skyspark 3.0.20

since our client has upgraded to 3.0.20 we are unable to connect to the sky sparks instance and get java.lang.NullPointerException, I’ve upgraded to the latest driver with no success, thought I would drop a post in the first instance in case there was a known issue here.

thanks

Can you provide a little more information on your issue? Are you performing an export? Are you attempting to connect into Niagara from SkySpark? Where does this error present itself?

I am also getting the same error of NullPointerException.

sorry guys so im doing a hierachy export from the driver, i am using https (confired cert approval) and are now getting org.projecthaystack.auth.AuthException: authenticate failed, i have verifyed user credntials and are still getting the same result.

i dont have alot coming through the console log apprt from the following when i ping the device

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

INFO [13:37:59 17-May-19 AEST][sys] Saving station…
org.projecthaystack.client.CallNetworkException: org.projecthaystack.client.CallHttpException: 415: Unsupported Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postString(HClient.java:604)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postString(HClient.java:564)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postGrid(HClient.java:558)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.call(HClient.java:550)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.onReadByIds(HClient.java:176)
at org.projecthaystack.HProj.readByIds(HProj.java:81)
at com.kodaro.haystack.BHaystackDevice.readByIds(BHaystackDevice.java:631)
at com.kodaro.haystack.export.BHaystackHierarchyExport.getGrid(BHaystackHierarchyExport.java:1405)
at com.kodaro.haystack.export.BHaystackHierarchyExport.performExport(BHaystackHierarchyExport.java:575)
at com.kodaro.haystack.message.HierarchyExportMessage.execute(HierarchyExportMessage.java:47)
at com.kodaro.haystack.message.HierarchyExportMessage.run(HierarchyExportMessage.java:37)
at javax.baja.util.ThreadPoolWorker$WorkerThread.run(ThreadPoolWorker.java:279)
Caused by: org.projecthaystack.client.CallHttpException: 415: Unsupported Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postString(HClient.java:590)
… 11 more
org.projecthaystack.client.CallNetworkException: org.projecthaystack.client.CallHttpException: 415: Unsupported Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postString(HClient.java:604)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postString(HClient.java:564)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postGrid(HClient.java:558)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.call(HClient.java:550)
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.onReadByIds(HClient.java:176)
at org.projecthaystack.HProj.readByIds(HProj.java:81)
at com.kodaro.haystack.BHaystackDevice.readByIds(BHaystackDevice.java:631)
at com.kodaro.haystack.export.BHaystackHierarchyExport.getGrid(BHaystackHierarchyExport.java:1405)
at com.kodaro.haystack.export.BHaystackHierarchyExport.performExport(BHaystackHierarchyExport.java:575)
at com.kodaro.haystack.message.HierarchyExportMessage.execute(HierarchyExportMessage.java:47)
at com.kodaro.haystack.message.HierarchyExportMessage.run(HierarchyExportMessage.java:37)
at javax.baja.util.ThreadPoolWorker$WorkerThread.run(ThreadPoolWorker.java:279)
Caused by: org.projecthaystack.client.CallHttpException: 415: Unsupported Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
at org.projecthaystack.client.HClient.postString(HClient.java:590)

It does look like SkySpark 3.0.20 update causing the issue since it no longer allows text/plain to be an alias for text/zinc.

Unsupported Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

From the build notes of SkySpark 3.0.20.

REST API Security

This release includes a suite of new features to harden SkySpark’s network security. These features are enabled by default to provide the most secure configuration “out of the box”. However each of these features may be individually disabled in the new Settings | API view.

The new security features include:

• Disallow text/plain to be an alias for text/zinc

It would appear there is setting to turn this off in 3.0.20 that you should be able to do to account for this until the driver can be updated to account for this new default behavior.